Seven Kalimas

 Seven Kalimas


1Kalima Tayyaba (The Pure Word)
  • Arabic: لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱللَّٰهِ
  • Transliteration: Lā ilāha illā Allāh, Muḥammadur Rasūlullāh.
  • Meaning: There is none worthy of worship besides Allah (One God), Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah (God).(This is the Shahada, the most fundamental declaration of faith.)  
2. Kalima Shahadat (The Word of Testimony)
  • Arabic: أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ
  • Transliteration: Ashhadu an lā ilāha illā Allāhu wa ashhadu anna Muḥammadan 'abduhū wa Rasūluhū.
  • Meaning: I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah (One God), and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His Messenger.
3. Kalima Tamjeed (The Word of Glorification)
  • Arabic: سُبْحَانَ ٱللَّٰهِ وَٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ وَلَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ وَٱللَّٰهُ أَكْبَرُ ۠ وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِٱللَّٰهِ ٱلْعَلِيِّ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
  • Transliteration: Subḥānallāhi wal-ḥamdu lillāhi wa lā ilāha illallāhu wallāhu akbar. Wa lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāhil 'Aliyyil 'Adhīm.
  • Meaning: Glory be to Allah (God). And all praise belongs to Allah (God). And there is no god but Allah (God). And Allah (God) is the Greatest. And there is no might or power except with Allah (God), the Most High, the Most Great.
4. Kalima Tawheed (The Word of Oneness)
  • Arabic:    لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ ۠ لَهُ ٱلْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ ٱلْحَمْدُ ۠ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ ۠ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
  • Transliteration: Lā ilāha illā Allāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahū. Lahul mulku wa lahul ḥamdu. Yuḥyī wa yumītu. Wa huwa 'alā kulli shay'in Qadīr.
  • Meaning: There is none worthy of worship besides Allah (One God), He is alone, He has no partner. To Him belongs the Dominion and to Him belongs all praise. He gives life and causes death. And He has power over everything.
5. Kalima Raddul Kufr (The Word of Rejecting Disbelief)
  • Arabic: اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ أَنْ أُشْرِكَ بِكَ شَيْئًا وَأَنَا أَعْلَمُ بِهِ وَأَسْتَغْفِرُكَ لِمَا لَا أَعْلَمُ بِهِ تُبْتُ عَنْهُ وَتَبَرَّأْتُ مِنَ الْكُفْرِ وَالشِّرْكِ وَالْمَعَاصِي كُلِّهَا وَأَسْلَمْتُ وَآمَنْتُ وَأَقُولُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا ٱللَّٰهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ ٱللَّٰهِ
  • Transliteration: Allāhumma innī a'ūdhu bika min an ushrika bika shay'an wa anā a'lamu bihī wa astaghfiruka limā lā a'lamu bihī tubtu 'anhu wa tabarra'tu min al-kufri wash-shirki  wal-ma'āṣī kullihā wa aslamtu wa āmantu wa aqūlu Lā ilāha illallāhu Muḥammadur Rasūlullāh.
  • Meaning: O Allah! I seek refuge in You from knowingly associating partners with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for what I do not know. I repent from it and declare myself free from disbelief, polytheism, and all sins. I submit and believe, and I say: There is none worthy of worship besides Allah (One God), Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah (God).
6. Imanul Mujmal (The Brief/Summarized Faith)
  • Arabic: آمَنْتُ بِاللّٰهِ كَمَا هُوَ بِأَسْمَائِهِ وَصِفَاتِهِ وَقَبِلْتُ جَمِيعَ أَحْكَامِهِ
  • Transliteration: Āmantu billāhi kamā huwa bi-asmāʼihi wa ṣifātihi wa qabiltu jamīʻa aḥkāmihi.
  • Meaning: I believe in Allah (God) as He is, with all His Names and Qualities, and I accept all His commands.  
7. Imanul Mufassal (The Detailed Faith) 
  • Arabic: آمَنْتُ بِاللّٰهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَالْقَدْرِ خَيْرِهِ وَشَرِّهِ مِنَ اللّٰهِ تَعَالَىٰ وَالْبَعْثِ بَعْدَ الْمَوْتِ
  • Transliteration: Āmantu billāhi wa malāʼikatihi wa kutubihi wa rusulihi wal-yawmil-ākhiri wal-qadri khayrihi wa sharrihi min Allāhi ta’ālā wal-ba’thi ba’dal-mawt.
  • Meaning: I believe in Allah (God), His Angels, His (revealed) Books, His Messengers, the Last Day (Day of Judgment), and in the fact that all good and evil is from Allah (God), the Most High, and (I believe in) the resurrection after death.

Post a Comment

0 Comments